Did you know that chiropractic adjustments can actually be healthy for your heart?! Your heart is controlled by your central nervous system (CNS) and your CNS is what keeps you alive. As we all know, chiropractic adjustments maintain the health of your CNS. Therefore, through the CNS, adjustments will affect heart rate, blood pressure, blood flow to the heart.
Here are 6 Benefits to Heart Health:
- Lower Blood Pressure – studies show that the 1st vertebra (atlas) is related to blood pressure
- Improves nerve function of the heart
- Decreases blood markers of inflammation – more inflammation leads to heart disease
- Improves heart rate variability
- Decreases chest pain – more often then not, chest pain is due to musculoskeletal problems
- Improves lung function – poor lung function can lead to heart failure