I am excited that you have chosen to embark on the 21-day purification program.
If this is your first time going through the program, you are in for a wonderful surprise. At the end of the 21 days (in fact, long before that!) you should feel like a new person. The common response from patients is “I haven’t felt this good in 20 years.” If you have gone through the purification before you know that you will soon be feeling energized and ready to take on the world.
Our aim is to help you meet your health goals and achieve the highest degree of success possible over the next 3 weeks. With this in mind, please read and apply the following suggestions in order to be more prepared.
- Plan ahead. By planning ahead you can increase your success and avoid the frustration of feeling like “There’s nothing for me to eat”, particularly when you will be eating away from home. For excellent tips refer to the Purification Program Handbook, p.17. Spend a few moments looking over the suggestions; you may be surprised at how helpful they are.
- Be dedicated to all 21 Days! Yes, the first 2-3 days take some willpower (This is really the only somewhat difficult part of the program). It is here that some cravings will present themselves. Remember, they will pass quickly and eating frequently is a key to knocking them out. Almost everyone loses their cravings after the first few days and is amazed at the newfound control they experience. For most of us it has taken years, if not decades, of bad eating habits and lifestyle choices to get us to where we are today. Remember, it takes 21 days to form a new habit. With that in mind, by the time you are done with this purification you will be well on your way to a healthier lifestyle!
- FOLLOW THE PLAN! This purification program has been carefully planned so that your body gets the support it needs to complete each of its purification steps. Following the plan is how you will achieve optimal results. Also, the best weight loss is experienced when these steps are carefully followed in the sequence provided. Do your best to not ‘take breaks’ or stray from the program!
- Don’t forget to sweat, sweat, and sweat. If you want to lose weight, I can’t overemphasize the importance of exercise and sweating. This can be achieved through exercise, but can also be enhanced through the use of a sauna, steam room, etc.
- Get plenty of sleep. Your body heals itself while you sleep. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep each night throughout the 3 weeks to allow your body plenty of time to rid it of toxins. Many, many patients have told me their sleep improved significantly over the 21 days. If you are one who suffers from poor sleep you may be wonderfully surprised at how you start to sleep after day 7 or so. I would love to hear your story as well!
- Drink plenty of water. You should be drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. This will serve to help your body flush out toxins as well as helping you to lose excess water-weight. What water is best? We prefer Spring Water, as it is water from the earth. (More on that later) That being said, the most important thing is that you just drink water! Even if all you have is city water, it is VERY important to drink water, and city water is better than nothing.