- Recent studies have found that farm-raised tilapia may cause more inflammation.
- Farm-raised salmon may have at least 10 times the amount of cancer causing organic pollutants compared to the wild variety.
- Farm-bred fish also have lower levels of healthy nutrients.
- Dibutylin levels, a chemical used in PVC plastics is said to be 6 times higher in farm-raised mussels compared to wild ones.
- Farm-bred fish have been found to have high concentrations of antibiotics and pesticides.
- Dioxin levels are 11 times higher in farm-bred salmon compared to wild salmon.